Perhaps the most important part of a women’s daily life, the handbag is part of their being, carrying a multitude of precious items, unique to each woman. The bag is in perpetual movement, the mixture between the functional, the affective, the relational and the fashion statement.
In fact, the handbag has a sort double life. The inside of the bag is a world of its own, out of sight and judgment of others, far from appearances and conveniences. But it also has another exterior life, the superb, the brilliant, when it appears and gives itself in spectacle.
Here is a selection of the most beautiful bags of the season!
The Mini Bags
The Mini Bag trend has followed the fashion seasons and are now visible everywhere. They usually come with a long strap, allowing them to be worn transversely, making them the perfect bag for you to feel free and comfortable.
- SIMON MILLER -Bonsai 20 nubuck bag £512
- ROKSANDA Besa textured-leather Mini bag £871
- STELLA MCCARTNEY The Falabella Box mini velvet bag £591
Embroidery has become a distinct feature of handbags as many brands and designers produce handbags with geometric patterns, retro flowers and eclectic prints, all often in powerful colours. Such accessories are perfect for giving a lift to a basic outfit and for that special gift or occasion, many designers propose to customise a motif for you – Nothing like having a “unique” bag.
- DOLCE & GABBANA embellished brocade shoulder bag £2,320
- GUCCI Dionysus appliquéd coated-canvas shoulder bag £2,188
- ANYA HINDMARCH Orsett glittered shoulder bag£1,046
For this season, the designers have decided to give voice to their pieces, such as Karl Lagerfeld, Gucci, or even something fun like those from Dolce & Gabanna.
- KARL LAGERFELD Postcard acrylic box clutch £119
- DOLCE & GABBANA printed leather tote £2,590
- GUCCI embellished leather shoulder bag £1,768
Fringe and Tassels
A certain bohemian style, fringe and tassels are a perfect detail for a relaxed and casual look.
- SACAI leather shoulder bag £910
- SAINT LAURENT Monogramme leather shoulder bag £565
- J.W.ANDERSON fringed suede shoulder bag £989
Chains is a continuing strong trend and present in the Fall/Winter 2017 season. The chains appear in all sizes of purses whether as part of the strap or as a sophisticated ornament.
- ALEXANDER MCQUEEN Box Bag 19 shoulder bag £1,392
- BOTTEGA VENETA Knot watersnake-trimmed bag £3,555
- SAINT LAURENT quilted leather and suede shoulder bag £1,510