Since taking over the artistic direction of Gucci Maison, Alexandro Michele became a fashion star. Thanks to Michele, Gucci received the British Fashion award in London, which is considerwed a most important prize and recognition of talent in the Fashion inductry. Its no wonder that Gucci has became one of the most desired brands of the season.
Alexandro Michele’s playful and romantic vision has enchanted bloggers, buyers and fashion editors, but most of all the customers who adopted without resistance the new Gucci style. Gucci is now at the summit of inspiration and style, with a modern and unique allure, charactereised by Michele’s artful and clever use of patterns and floral prints in many parts of the collection, inspired from the 70’s and the Victorian era. “These are the clothes to give you the freedom to choose who you are,” says Alessandro Michele, explaining the sucess of this new chapter in Gucci’s story of style.
As Time magazine noted not so long ago, “From top editors to snobby buyers to gushing bloggers, Gucci has become the brand that is currently on every fashion insider’s lips—not to mention their feet and hips.”
Check out some models icons that just arrived in Gucci stores …
- This Italian-made mini dress is cut from fluid pink silk crepe de chine patterned with roses and bees – Alessandro Michele’s favourite motif.
- Gucci’s bamboo handles were first created in 1947 using a patented method to heat and bend them into shape. Made in Italy with hand-painted edges, this textured-leather bag is printed with watercolour flowers. Last detail – a delicate vanity mirror for touching up lipstick.
- A lovely cotton blouse has been made in Italy with a retro-inspired pussy-bow neckline intricately embroidered with red blooms.
- A true example of Gucci’s exceptional craftsmanship, the ‘Dionysus’ bag is appliquéd with intricate floral and embroidery. It’s been made in the label’s Italian atelier from signature ‘GG’ printed coated canvas and hand-stitched with python panels for a rich texture contrast.
- Printed with roses inspired by a 19th century tapestry, the shoes are part of the exclusive capsule collection.
- Gucci’s low-top ‘New Ace’ sneakers are made from rose-print canvas inspired by a 19th century tapestry. They’re detailed with a shimmering navy water snake heel patch and the iconic striped webbing – first used to adorn accessories in the ’50s.
The entire fashion industry pays tribute to Michele and his genie in creating a most wonderful range of Gucci products. And his creation are proudly worn by those who know……Vogue editor in chief, Anna Wintour, who stepped out in a floral dress , to Vogue Japan editor and bona fide street style icon, Anna Dello Russo. There is also Bryan Boy, the Monaco royal Charlotte Casiraghi, and influential model Hari Neff – all of whom have been spotted in floral Gucci garments of Michele’s on multiple occasions.